I have been a fan of Firefox for years now. One of the qualities of this browser in my opinion is the amount of add-ons you can install to make your life easier when you browsing the net, and doing your daily work.
This post is about the add-ons I am using to make surfing more convenient, be more efficient or get the information I need quickly.
Here are the add-ons I am using. I can recommend all of them:
For more Efficiency and Easier Web Browsing:
- Do screenshots and more with FireShot
- InFormEnter adds a small, clickable icon next to every input field in a web form, from where you can select the item to be inserted – no typing required. Very useful.
- Easy shrink any long URL or link in the page to something you can email or Twitter using the TinyUrl service with a single click in your browser.
- Download Statusbar. For easier download status integrated into Firefox
- Use PDF Download to do whatever you like with PDF files on the Web.
- Embedding Internet Explorer in tabs of Mozilla/Firefox. The IE Tab.
For more Information while Surfing the Net:
- FlagFox shows the country of the server of the website you are browsing
- FoxClocks lets you keep an eye on the time around the world – or just your local time – by putting small clocks in your statusbar
- The SEO Quake Extension aimed primarily at helping web masters who deal with search engine optimization and internet promotion of web sites.
- FireFTP. FTP integrated into Firefox. Indespensible.
Obviously are there are a lot more out there so here is the link to the Firefox Add-ons page: